Monday 9 August 2010

An empty room

That's what I have tonight as the kittens were returned to the shelter today. I'm always a bit sad to leave them there but they seemed quite happy playing and eating biscuits. I was just looking through their photos and thought I'd do a before and after for them, so you can see how far they've come, it's their baby picture first on the left and their grown up picture underneath on the right.

First there's Daisy. She was my fussy eater, she must have tried every cat food on the market! She would eat her dinner for one day like it was her favourite and then refuse it the next! Thankfully she ended up eating the same as everyone else in the end. She loved to be combed and would purr and purr, if we could have kept her then we would have!














Then there's Hits, what a champ. Throughout he's been my most consistent kitten. He ate every meal, he was never fussy, never ill, always full of life and looking after the others. When you have an ill litter you always need a Hits, one you don't worry about, one who loves you and loves fuss and is just ok and well. He really wants to be a hairdresser I think as he spent so much time on my shoulders doing my hair.














Then there is Dave, he was just fluff and bone when I got him, there was no meat on him and I think he weighed a tiny 400g. He was just so tiny and I was very concerned for him, especially as he would only eat ham. Along the way he turned grey too! It was his and Daisy's fluffiness that gave me the skunks tag name for them!














Lastly but not leastly there is Sissy, this was when she wanted to just be by the water bowl all the time. I eventually set her up a bed there as she was just sleeping there all the time too. She later became really crazy and biting me all the time but managed to get to stop that. Today when I took her to the shelter, I held her and she padded my chest, she knew it was goodbye.















So farewell my skunks, it's been really lovely having you for the past two months, may the rest of your lives be wonderful and happy and filled with love and ham.

7 comments:

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

What a beautiful post about the "skunks". They are very precious and we feel sure they will find wonderful forever homes soon.

Marg said...

That must be hard on you to send them back to the shelter. They are all so cute. I don't know if I could do that or not. We will keep our paws crossed that they find great homes. Have a great day.

Kea said...

What precious babies. Kudos to you for doing an amazing job fostering them, and purrs that they find wonderful forever homes!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are praying that the all get loving furever homes.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Their beauty marks are so prominent, how sweet!!

I am going through the same as you at the moment.. even though we know going into it they aren't going to stay, they still manage to sneak a little bit of your heart to take with them.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh they are all such cuties! We are keeping our fingers and paws crossed that they find their perfect forever homes very quickly!!

The Island Cats said...

Those kits are adorable!! We hope they all find their furever homes soon!